The UK Public Health Network works to:
- Facilitate learning and deepen understanding
- Sharing learning from the different public health situations across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland puts countries and organisations in closer contact with each other.
- The Network’s year one impact report looks at the progress made towards speaking with a united voice, particularly on the strategic issues common to all jurisdictions.
- Generate UK-wide conversations
- Conversations between the statutory and voluntary & community sector organisations are starting to change the way that the public health community speaks.
- Encourage partnership working
- A do-once-and-share approach is being trialled by policy leads within the Network to reduce duplication of effort.
- The potential for greater collaboration between public health conferences is being explored through the idea of a UK public health week.
Please contact us if you would like any more information about the Network or have any questions about its work.